Saturday, November 7, 2020

Day 1, Route 66 (Click thru the "Newer Posts" at Bottom)

Route 66
Historic Route 66!  Today I began my trek following old US Route 66 from downtown Chicago to Santa Monica Pier in Los Angeles.  Today my drive covered only 11 miles of Rt 66 from downtown Chicago to Stickney, IL.
I drove downtown to begin at the beginning

I really liked this sign

This is the official beginning,
but I hate all the stickers


The beginning of the historic Route 66
Click for panorama

I liked THIS beginning at the cute park below the EL
Click for panorama

Another eye catching mural

A cool mural caught my eye, especially the psychedelic bicycle

Lulu's, an old diner that's looks like it's been
here since the days of old Rt. 66. Chicago, IL

Another mural along Ogden Avenue in Cicero, IL



Al Capone's secret hideout, according to "Route 66 Road Trip"
by Jessica Dunham, a guide book I purchased for this trip.
This is the "Castle Car Wash" in Cicero, IL

Face Book Post


No comments:

Post a Comment