Friday, August 5, 2022

Youth Sail Camp

 


August 1-5, 2022

Almost all photos and videos below were taken by Nico Soler, photographer & videographer extraordinaire.

Moraine Sailing Club, Youth Sail Camp at Moraine State Park.  Many friends, lots of kids, new friends and the general public.  Mostly I drove one of the safety boats, hovering near the Hobie cats, but responding to events with the FJs, Sunfish, & Optis, as well.  Thankfully the "events" were very few and I got to do some on-the-water coaching and encouraging with the kids. Great seeing them enjoy an activity that has sustained me since I was 12.

The club rented the cabin above the Davis Hollow Marina
for several staff members so we were close to
Youth Camp in Watts Bay.  I was able to
ride my bike on a few days.

That's Nico at the wheel of the club's pontoon boat.
He a professional EMT and emergency team manager,
so he organized the safety team for the camp.

I was on Nico's safety team,
driving the red RIB safety boat
watching over the FJs & Hobies.

Those are Optis behind me,
sailed by the youngest kids.

This appears to be a knot tying clinic.  😊

Dave, Larry, Carol


Kerry, Hobie Cat Sailing Instructor

The Sunfish Fleet

Doug & I keeping an eye on the Optis.

Flying Juniors must be fun sailing!

Dave, Murph & Larry
Color photography doesn't work
when the crew is as old as us! 😊


An impending storm chases the
youth sailors off the lake.

The official group photo for Youth Camp 2022.





Video by Nico Soler

No comments:

Post a Comment