Saturday, December 16, 2023

Rob's 70th in AZ

Rob's new beer mug
During the Monon Bell Weekend Biz, Rob's wife, invited me to join them for the celebration of Rob's 70th Birthday.  As Rob is almost a year older than me, he is among the first in our Wabash Class of 1976 to turn 70 years of age.  Of course, I couldn't miss my former roommate's big birthday!

Since Rob lives in Arizona, this provided an opportunity for me to spend some holiday time with Jada, so it became a double win vacation for me.  All the best photos on this page were taken by Jada.

This big cat was walking
near Jada's home a few
days before my flight
to Arizona.


                                                                                                This is a video of the big cat's walk.
This was my first flight on Frontier Airlines.  Definitely
an el cheapo flight in both cost and services.
As I was aware what I was getting into,
from friends' info and internet
chats, it wasn't too bad.
And I like the animal pictures on the aircraft!

It was great seeing the Arizona sunsets again!



Jada's landlord has a wonderful Christmas light display!






Jada and I enjoyed music at Monterey Court on
two nights during my visit.
Biz and Happy welcome Jada and I 
to the Matthews' household.

No photos of the folks attending Rob's party,
but here's some of his gifts.
These are "Memory Mints for Senior Moments."

a special notebook

a new coffee mug
A year by year list of notable events.

Biz gifted Rob this excellent watch
from Wabash College.


Click on this pic and zoom in to read the Brooks-Seymour Award
earned by Rob at the most recent Monon Bell Weekend.

Jada and Happy became great friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment