Monday, March 16, 2020

Baseball: COVID-19 Style

As I've done since becoming a resident of Florida, I commenced my plans to enjoy several days of Spring Training Baseball.  While there was concern for the quickly advancing coronavirus, our government was still formulating how to deal with the threat.  As I'm always at home wherever I park the RV, I continued with my plans to enjoy spring baseball.
Allen IV selecting Pirates' gifts for the niece and nephew

I joined my oldest son, Allen IV, in Bradenton, FL and we attended our first game.  It was fun to watch, especially as the Pirates' treated us to two double plays, yet lost the game anyway.  We were glad it was fun, because towards the end of the game, it was announced that it was the last game of baseball for Spring Training and that the MLB season would be delayed for a few weeks, if not longer.
My overnight parking spot on the causeway in Bradenton

Allen IV and I spent a few days together, but it was now a strictly family visit without any baseball.  Always good, but a very different tone with the virus threatening.
A pelican catching his dinner at the causeway

A couple days later, I was back on the Indian River Lagoon, enjoying the east coast and even a rocket launch!
View from Titusville's Marina Park
SpaceX has another successful launch
Click Here for video

No comments:

Post a Comment