Thursday, February 22, 2018

Growing Family - February 20-22, 2018

The train picked me up in Orlando, then spent two days carrying me north. First to Union Station in Washington, D.C. then to Pittsburgh's Penn Station.  From downtown (pronounced "dahntahn" in Pittsburghese) I caught a bus to Beaver Falls.  There I enjoyed first breakfast, then the rest of the day with my vivacious 3 year old granddaughter, Avery Mae.
Avery Mae Murphy

She has a great smile framed by long, flowing locks of bright red hair and is soon to be a big sister to her little brother when he arrives in May.  Her family is excited and making plans for the little guy's imminent arrival.

Apparently her parents are willing to consider sailing as a future activity for the arriving young gentleman, as they showed me one of the first outfits he'll be wearing . . . It has a colorful sailboat on it!
Young sailor's first duds
It was wonderful to visit and I hope to do so again soon.  Maybe when the little guy makes his initial appearance?

No comments:

Post a Comment