Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Cross Country Train Adventure, March 10-24, 2015

I didn't plan very well getting my Amtrak Pass, so I spent too much time on the train and not enough enjoying friends and family at the various stops.  Still, it was a great trip seeing so much of this great country of ours.





Rounding the famous Horseshoe Curve just west of Altoona, PA

Michiko, Mother, Takashi, Murph, Emilee, Patrick




In Hilliard (Columbus), Ohio, I enjoyed a terrific visit with my Mother, Japanese brother, his wife, my brother, John and his children.


Windmills on the Midwest Plains









Then back on the train, westbound through Chicago and westward to LA.




Sunset on the Central Plains



Sunset on the Central Plains




Rocky Mountains well to the north



Raton station, NM



Rain in the mountains
Desert Sunrise
San Bernardino station
Outside Union Station, LA, CA
Rob, as we experience southern California
Sunset heading east across the desert
Sunrise on the Central Plains
Arriving Chicago
Briefly back in Pittsburgh, then south to Orlando

No comments:

Post a Comment