Monday, April 26, 2021

Denver, CO

 

South Platte River Kayak Course, Denver

April 20-26, 2021

In Denver, I enjoyed catching up with my son, hiking, bicycling and even taking in a Rockies baseball game.  

There are at least 5 rapids visible in this shot,
but there must be almost
3 times that number over the 1 mile course.


On the 23rd I took a 6 mile hike along the South Platte River with tremendous views of the manmade river rapids and kayak course.  Unfortunately, no kayakers were braving the cool air and cold water.

There were lots of open seats as the crowd maintained
social distancing.

Me and my son, masked for the game.

The crowd thinned as the game wore on, but
we had a blast and stayed for the entire event.


My bike rides have been too few and far between.  That's what I get for boondocking away from road bike trails.  

The day after the ballgame our weather was gorgeous today, so I pedaled 23 miles.
The great weather brought out the kayakers, as well.
These guys were enjoying the standing waves.

















For Facebook post, Click

No comments:

Post a Comment