Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Sailboat Show, Annapolis

If memory serves, My first attendance at the US Sailboat Show in Annapolis, MD was in October of 1993.  Although I may have missed one or two shows since then, it seems this show may be my 30th!

Since an airline ticket is usually less costly than fuel
for Kelly VI, my rv, the airlines provided my transportation
to Baltimore, where I met Harry.  He's my host this month,
as well as being a great friend.  And for a few hours before and
after the show, my employer,as I assist him with
IT installations at the show.
Before our first day at the show we enjoyed a brew
with Cable, Harry's terrific hound, at
Pherm Brewing Company, a dog-friendly pub.
Just outside, a fleet of VWs was being shown.

VWs, old, new, ragtops and more.
For video, Click Here.

These small tug boats are used to build the 
300 boat marina, which is broken up and rebuilt
after 1 week, then after a second week, it dismantled
until next year!

You'll notice that each boat is named, 
this one is Yank.  The above photo shows Shove.

This fellow is named Push.  Some of the other tugs 
are named, Pull and Jerk.

One of Harry's and my favorite spots is in Galesville.

I love the view of all the boats in the harbor.
Kelly IV and I sailed here many times when I 
was cruising the Chesapeake Bay.
Harry and I arrived before dawn to begin the IT setups for his clients.

Harry actually found me working when he took this pic!
With very few wires to run, it's mostly wireless these days,
We were done in plenty of time for clients to
engage with their customers.



Several old friends were at the show, 
including Stewie, whom I worked with when I was a
yacht broker in Annapolis 2012-2015.

After work, we found time for music and a beer
at the Fleet Reserve Club.


This view from the Fleet Reserve Club is possibly the
best view, short of that from the air.

Harry, Murph, & Narjes,  Harry's wife.
They were terrific hosts, so nice to spend time with!

No comments:

Post a Comment