Saturday, May 14, 2022

Missouri to Indiana

Fabulous visit to Hannibal, MO.  My last visit was over 50 years ago with my family aboard the steamboat Delta Queen, from St. Louis to Hannibal & back.  I neglected to share the Mark Twain quote, "Imagine you're an idiot, imagine you're a member of Congress.  But I repeat myself." More true today, than it was over one hundred years ago.  ☹️

A nice walk in the country
near Wayland, MO while enroute.


















It was a nice walk up & down the hills of downtown Hannibal. 









My campsite in Illinois, across the river from Hannibal.

This bike ride was a bit rough,
due to the traffic in Jacksonville, IL.



The Sangamon Trail was a wonderful rail trail
outside of Springfield, IL.

Along the Sangamon Trail.




On a return visit to the American Legion!  I stopped here when following Historic Route 66 in November 2020.


No comments:

Post a Comment