Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Nebraska & Missouri

My campsite on the farm, Imperial, NE.
Visited with wonderful new friends, farmers in southwest Nebraska.  I rode on the tractor with Dale, learning loads about farming, but only scratched the surface.  These are the hardworking folks who keep us fed every day.


The front (bow?) of Dale's tractor.

Forty feet across, planting 16 rows simultaneously.
That's Dale removing a flat tire from the planting
implement that he'll repair the next day.

Seven different displays and
more buttons & controls than I can count.

Dale took me to a failed irrigation sprinkler to get it restarted.

Lots of open land and all of it farmed, except the roads.

For the panorama, Click Here.

Most of the land is irrigated with these huge sprinklers.
They stretch a quarter mile in length, rotating
around a pivot so they irrigate a circle,
one half mile in diameter.

For the panorama, Click Here.



Free campsite in McCook, NE.

My walk in McCook.


My boondocking site in Ayr, NE. 

This campground is in the local park in
Ayr, a nice walk from my boondocking site.






Boondocking in Lincoln, NE.

Rode the trails while visiting Lincoln, NE. 
Only 53 degrees F with light, spitting rain
so wore gloves & bundled up.

The Bison Trail



Allendale, Missouri
The population count says it all, my presence increased 
the count by almost 2%!

Beautiful, tiny country home in Allendale.

Southern California, eat your hearts out,
Folks here are truly laid back. 

The old rodeo grounds appeared unused, since Covid?


I don't think this service station is operational, but
still very cool.  As good as anything on old Rt. 66. 

For the panorama, Click Here.


Their classic village green.





My boondocking host in Allendale
had this display on their grain bins.



Beautiful pond and park in Lancaster, MO.

For the panorama, Click Here.




No comments:

Post a Comment