Tuesday, December 6, 2022

TX to AZ

November 30 was departure day from Keller.  My first night continuing westbound, spent in a city campground just north of Abilene, TX.  Someone in the area loves cats.  They left dishes on the picnic table and cat food in a bag hanging from the ramada.  It's apparently up to each camper to feed the cats.  It's impossible to forget as the cat definitely reminds you by meowing loudly at your RV door every evening and morning.


There is no ignoring this cat!!

My campsite at Sea Bee Park, Abilene, TX.

Sea Bee Park, Abilene, TX



I spent two nights in Abilene as I liked the Sea Bee Park. My other stops were comfortable but
uninteresting as they were a rest stop, Camping World lot, Walmart and a truck stop. 
But it was a fast, safe trip and I found a good campsite near Snyder Hill, Tucson, AZ.



Mike Nelson, friend & sailor, at left, met me at the 
Icebox Brewing Taphouse, Las Crucas, NM.
Always fun to catch up with fellow sailors
 . . . even if we've both swallowed the anchor!
 The photo includes Mike, our new friend, Cecil,
celebrating his birthday today with his wife, Linda.
This cute bartender served us and
took the above photo for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment