Saturday, May 11, 2024

Back Home Again . . .

Indiana State Museum

Indianapolis has become my summer home since the Indianapolis Motor Speedway gave me a campsite for the season.  In return, I work on the IMS Safety Patrol (Yellowshirts).  A good gig as my "office" is at the intersection of Pit Road and Gasoline Alley.  Also, I'm close to my alma mater, Wabash College, in Crawfordsville, IN.  Many good friends, college buddies and fraternity brothers live in Central Indiana,  so it definitely feels like home.  On a par sailing with my sailboat friends! 

Catching up with Hoosier friends included a visit to the Indiana State Museum and an Imax movie.  And always includes campus visits at Wabash College.



This photo in the college library was taken while
I was a student.  A classmate and friend,
Randy Berta, is pushing at the passenger side by the windscreen.


College roommate and fraternity brother,
Randy Allen and I often stop for
pizza in Crawfordsville.

Randy Allen also attended C'ville High.

IMS Yellowshirts gather for a birthday celebration in
Speedway.  Andy Bowman, Jamie Bowman, Murph,
Bonnie, Amber (the birthday girl).

This season I rode my bike to work.
Here my bike is the "I" in Indy.

Yellowshirts gathering in May.

Helicopter Flyover for the start of the
Sonsio Grand Prix.


The American Legion in the Sonsio Grand Prix.


No comments:

Post a Comment