Friday, July 30, 2021

Nebraska

Valentine, Nebraska
July 27-30, 2021

Rode the Cowboy Trail out of Valentine, Nebraska.  A great trail, well maintained gravel.  With my skinny tires, my road bike sank in a few soft spots, but mostly a great ride, if you discount two flat tires.  My own fault, as my rear tire was old and couldn't contain the high pressure inner tube.  A new tire and tube from a local bike shop in Norfolk, NE resolved the problem.

My rig parked at the trailhead in Valentine, Nebraska.

The trailhead is at a small park in the town of Valentine.

This is a very long bridge over the Niobrara River,
well over a quarter mile in length.
It's less than 2 miles east of Valentine, NE.


The state of Nebraska is proud of their trail and has
this "Selfie Station" to encourage photos!
#outdoornebraska (my first hashtag,
Patrick Murphy will be proud) in Valentine, Nebraska.

That white cow/bull is a longhorn. I've seen a few this trip,
but there aren't very many of them.

Found a small pond near the trail at my turn around point.
The Cowboy Trail is a major trail which runs
over 200 miles long. I rode 10 miles from Valentine,
then turned around here.






This was the short stretch I had to
walk after my second flat tire.



For Facebook post, Click

No comments:

Post a Comment