Sunday, July 12, 2020

Brother on the Cape - July 12, 2020

I've been fortunate to keep in touch with several friends from college.  Yesterday, Karen & I enjoyed a wonderful day of Cape Cod secrets with long-time CC resident, Ed, and his better half, Donna.


Ed, Donna and Karen as we savored freshly harvested steamed clams.

The impressive Brewster Flats extend as much as two miles out at low tide!  Ed & Donna took us on a walk well out into Cape Cod with water never over our knees.  Given my ability to drop my phone, I chose Not to take it out there with me.


Ed and Donna took us to beautiful Cliff Pond for a refreshing swim.  I borrowed this pic from Google (by Doug Shaver).  

Our swim was off a gorgeous little sand beach some distance away from this photo.




Ed's band, Steve Morgan & the Kingfish, played while 
Karen and I enjoyed a lobster dinner.

Ed & I joined the Wabash Delt crew at Jackson Hole in 2018.  


Ed drove from the Cape in 2011 to visit me in Newport, RI while I was cruising aboard my sailboat, "Kelly IV."






From our senior year at Wabash College.


No comments:

Post a Comment