Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Desert Sun, Brenda, AZ

The saguaro were all shapes & sizes.
What a difference a day makes!  The AZ desert almost sparkled today in the sunshine.  I took a walkabout and enjoyed the sights.

My view earlier this morning.

Less than a thousand feet from the RV (left of center) and
the desert looks void of human impact.




Most of these rocks were pocked with hundreds (thousands?)
of small holes like air bubbles, looking like a sponge.
I suspect they're of volcanic origin. For panorama, Click.

For panorama, Click.
My first jack rabbit sighting!  I've been
roaming the high desert for a month and
heard they're common.  Finally
caught this fellow on camera
and later saw a buddy of his.

The elevation gain/loss is misleading.
It must count every step up/down.
You can see from the contour lines,
this was flat terrain.
I had a great view of the nearby mountains as I hiked.

The track of my trek. Except for a few washes,
rather flat, but the rocks and cacti
kept me treading carefully.











Facebook post: Click

My campsite outside Brenda, AZ.  For panorama, Click.

No comments:

Post a Comment