Sunday, January 24, 2021

General Patton Museum

On the drive east I discovered the rain in LA
landed in the mountain peaks as snow.
Completing the entire length of Historic Route 66 was fun, but I missed my bicycling and pickleball, so I took off the very next day to find a spot for the RV and me in the Phoenix, AZ area.  I find I enjoy the slow, stop-&-see-the-sights, RV lifestyle.  I might make AZ in a few days. 😀


I Camped near the General Patton Memorial Museum.

This is an original Willys Jeep, built in Butler, PA.
I also found the sign in the background interesting.
US Forces Personnel HALT, 1km to East Germany.




As a sailor, I couldn't resist this pic.
No sails, but it once navigated the waterways.




Check out the Jeep and wire frame.
For WWII tank training in this area
(prep for the North Africa against Rommel)
they draped canvas over the wire frame in lieu of real tanks.

My campsite tonight in the CA desert.

I figured I earned my CA sticker, as has anyone
who survived LA's freeways. 🙂 
Actually, traffic was much faster and
more open than I've ever seen it in LA,
except for my first business trip which
required a crazy drive from Manhattan Beach to
Pasadena at 2am, 35 years ago.











Click Here for the Facebook Post


No comments:

Post a Comment