Saturday, January 23, 2021

Route 66 Completed: 66 On 66 In 66!

As Covid prohibited anyone on
the pier, this is as close as I got.
66 Days following historic Route 66 in my 66th year!  And I've now completed the trip I began in Chicago 66 days ago.  There were loads of sites to see in LA, but as I'm travelling alone, it was a challenge to stop, park, get pics, say hi to the locals and move on.  The result was that I enjoyed a lot more sights than I'm sharing with you.


The day began where yesterday ended, but this 
is the west side of the bridge in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.
For panorama, Click Here.

Neon signs along Rt 66 highlight old venues.

Easy to see how the "Sycamore Inn" got its name.

In Claremont, this market has been
serving locals & visitors since 1917!

The Vintage Flying A Service Station, Monrovia, CA.

Beverly Hills has a different
take on the Rt 66 shield.
Having recently read Yogi Berra's book,
I had to share this. The book?
"When You Come to a Fork in the Road, Take It!"
This modern art is at the fork of
S. Pasadena Ave at S. St. John Ave.

The famous Aztec Hotel is for sale, Monrovia, CA

Only the cigar shop at the corner, is open for business.


At long last, the Santa Monica Pier,
official termination of historic Route 66. 

For panorama, Click Here.

Proof the pier was closed. Zoom into the signs
at the top. I checked several entrances.


Several wonderful murals in the pedestrian
underpier walkway connecting the
north and south sides of the pier. 





Pier entrance, seen above.
I liked the bird!  😊



I made it!

All Eight Rt 66 states are now on my RV map.



No comments:

Post a Comment