Sunday, December 20, 2020

Day 32 Rt 66 Midpoint & NM

 

Check that red door to the left, it's Bent!
While this place looks abandoned, the
sign indicates they're trying to revive this service station.
After departing Vega, I found myself at the Route 66 Midpoint, exactly halfway between Lake Shore Drive in Chicago and the Santa Monica Pier in LA.









Halfway to Santa Monica! Unfortunately,
I missed the great pie at this Cafe that
everyone raves about, they're closed for the holidays.


The sad story here in Glenrio, NM is that car was bought new,
the owner died that same day and his wife parked it here,
never to be driven again

All the buildings in Glenrio are abandoned.

looking northeast from NM into TX

Russell's Museum is a huge and wonderful welcome into NM.


This bike seems about the same age as mine!


This is a 1954 model, same as me.


For this panorama, Click Here

This vehicle in the Russell's Museum originated
in Butler, PA near my home for 30+ years.
This is a beautifully restored 1948 model.

Sculpture outside Russell's Museum

The view from my stop tonight in Tucumcari, NM.
I love saying this town's name!


No comments:

Post a Comment