Monday, December 28, 2020

Day 40 Rt 66 Gallup, NM

I couldn't miss the famous El Rancho Hotel in Gallup!
Day 40 out of Chicago and spent all day on 6 miles of Route 66 in Gallup, NM.  And there's so much to see it was a blessing that Covid's got almost everything closed.  Otherwise, I'd have to spend several more days here, enjoying every minute!  😃

Although this is the crown jewel of Gallup,
look at those motel/hotel signs on old RT 66!
And there are SOoo many more.

Click for the panorama




For the panorama of the lobby, Click Here.


I was amazed by this furniture built from cattle horns!





I began today catching this vintage neon,
just west of town near the folks who serviced my generator.



Honoring the Navajo Code Talkers


There are murals and street art Everywhere in Gallup,
including the trash bins! To see the variety of trash bins,
Click Here.

This bison sculpture is entirely made of nails. 
Hard to see with the fence.

One of a huge number of murals throughout Gallup.
Click Here to see many more.


Even the gas stations are cool.

As a former radio DJ, I enjoyed the old neon sign and the western design of the building.

One of a huge number of murals throughout
Gallup.  Click Here to see many more.


Even the grates surrounding the trees have cool art.

Cool neon above the closed visitors center.


The famous El Morrow Theater on Coal St. This major street in Gallup is now under construction.








I felt fully justified adding NM to my RV map.

Facebook Post

No comments:

Post a Comment