Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Day 41 Winslow, AZ

Today, Day 41, I was fortunate that the landslide covered old Route 66 long before I got there.  By the end of the day, I was Standin' on a Corner.  66ers know where I am.  Eagles (band not NFL) fans also know.  Here's a clue in the 2d verse: (Click Here).
Before leaving Gallup, I caught the El Rancho
Neon sign flashing both "Motel" and "Hotel."
Cool neon in Gallup, NM







I started to wonder, "Why are my tracks the ONLY tracks?"

The landslide occurred a few months ago,
but I hadn't read about it. 
These rocks are on old Rt 66, NM 118,
about a mile west of the above photo.
West of Manuelito, NM.

In addition to the light snow there was a thick fog moving 
through the area.

For panorama, Click.

Check out the animal sculptures, halfway up the cliff face.
Yellowhorse Trading Post, Lupton, AZ

The Petrified Forest NP with fog still floating around.

Petrified Forest NP, Holbrook, AZ

Petrified Forest NP, Holbrook, AZ

Petrified Forest NP, Holbrook, AZ

Petrified Forest NP, Holbrook, AZ

Even the National Park commemorates
Old Route 66.


Those old telephone poles are still standing along the 
original roadway where Route 66 traversed this 
section of the Arizona desert.


This morning the fog blankets the "Big Picture."






I was the only visitor at Stewart's this morning.


These frosted beauties were painted
everywhere this morning.


Great mural, Holbrook, AZ.






Everyone was masked up, but OPEN! 
I enjoyed a quick lunch here.

For pics of the Wigwam Motel in San Bernardino, CA, Click.


For panorama of the Wigwam Teepee interior, Click.


Historical marker of petrified wood,
Joseph City, AZ.

At the Jack Rabbit Trading Post, Joseph City, AZ






This room is a great tribute to Rt 66,
Jack Rabbit Trading Post, Joseph City, AZ.
For interior panorama, Click.

Another of Bob Waldmire's works.


Thoughtful Memorial to 9/11/2001 in Winslow, AZ.




What a great hotel in Winslow! I enjoyed walking through their public spaces.

For panorama, Click.










On a Corner . . .

Over my left shoulder, there's
a girl in a flat bed Ford,
but I believe she's looking at that other fella.

This park and amphitheater are on the other side of the wall
commemorating the Eagle's song.


You can see the park on the left,
the Song commemoration to the right.


For Facebook post, Click.

No comments:

Post a Comment