Monday, December 14, 2020

TX Trip - Rt 66 On Hold

Placing old Rt 66 "on hold," I took the RV south to Keller, TX where I got some RV maintenance done and collected a new pair of eyeglasses for myself.

And to make it all fun, I enjoyed several days with an old roommate from the early 80s as well as visiting a couple work mates from my Elcomp and Medic days.
On my way south, I ran across this fun
shop with lots of wild and crazy fun,
as well as a nice memorial honoring
veterans.  Click for video.




 


It's a tough life in Texas, but someone must live it!

Bill and I prep for the Steeler game, 12/7/2020.

The banners were hung with care,
but no joy in the 'Burgh.  😢



Michelle and I swapped stories as we caught up from
when we worked together 20 years ago.

Jim and I had known each other even longer than Michelle
and I, so it was another fun reunion.  I even met Jim &
his wife at Jim's son's restaurant in this cool town.




We prep for another Steeler game, and
I'm sporting my new eyewear.
Didn't help, as our Steelers lost again.


I took a different path back to Oklahoma which took me 
through Decatur, TX.

The story behind the "Eighter form Decatur."

The impressive courthouse in Decatur.

Rt 66 has no monopoly on cool old stations,
proven by this one in Decatur, TX.


Face Book Dec 5, 2020 

Face Book Dec 7, 2020

Face Book Dec 13, 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment