Sunday, November 22, 2020

Day 16 Rt 66 To Galena, KS

Day 16 along historic Route 66.  Only travelled 28 miles of the famed highway today but I did add TWO more states to my RV map!  And actually drove through FOUR states today, AR, MO, KS & OK.

Before I add a state sticker to my RV map, I'm requiring that I have a better answer to the question "What did you do in that state?" than "drove thru."  In Arkansas my answer is "I enjoyed a nice walk in beautiful Lake Bella Vista Park, AR and spent time in the park's powerful Veterans Memorial.


Bike Tower Sculpture by Tylur French.
As a cyclist, I enjoyed this sculpture along the trail..

Wonderful paved trails

The multi-use trails in northwestern Arkansas
are quite extensive connecting to an impressive
trail network for 37 miles.  
 

This impressive memorial features 3 concentric circles with
veterans' names and a display of military history.

I found this crumbling wall tucked into the woods, 
painted festively.

This creek fed into Lake Bella Vista.



Joplin, MO was the beginning of my Route 66 trek today.

Joplin, MO


Joplin, MO

Route 66 in Kansas

This old train is labelled "Erie Lackawana"

The first of many vehicles depicted like the characters
in the movie "Cars."

Rt 66 @KSHISTORICROUTE66
This fun stop has many cool Rt 66 displays.
Their FB Page & Website.

The Kansas Rt 66 Assn built their own "Muffler Man"
designing theirs as a miner & named him Frecs (Freckles),
after the creator's grandfather, a miner in the tri-state area.
For other "Muffler Men" & a closer view, Click.

'
Kansas Rt 66 Association, Galena, KS

Kansas Rt 66 Association, Galena, KS

Kansas Rt 66 Association, Galena, KS, Click for panorama

Visitors are encouraged to sign this board.

Kansas Rt 66 Association, Galena, KS

There is LOTs to see in Galena, Click "Newer Post," below.


No comments:

Post a Comment