Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Day 4 to Bloomington, IL

Day 4 on Route 66 ambling from Pontiac to Bloomington, IL.  Another 40 miles on Rt 66 only cost me 67 actual miles driven today.  My efficiency is improving!

I borrowed even more murals, they're everywhere in Pontiac!


Humiston Swinging Bridge, Pontiac

1898 Pedestrian Bridge

The easternmost swinging bridge
spanning the Vermilion River, Pontiac
Click for panoramas of these bridges


As most of my boats were named "Kelly", I had to stop here!

Kelly's, Lexington, IL


Field of cars south of Lexington

For video One of Burma Shave signs at Dead Man's Curve
For video Two of Burma Shave signs in Towanda, IL

The RV just beyond "DeadMan's Curve"
shares the old roadway with a burned out car


DeadMan's Curve features Burma Shave signs!

DeadMan's Curve features Burma Shave signs!

Old Route 66 in Illinois, the abandoned lanes 
of Rt 66 are on the right.
Sprague's Service Station, Normal, IL

Fuel pump at Sprague's

As a former radio broadcaster, I liked this 
downtown radio tower at WIHN-FM, Normal, IL

Face Book Post


No comments:

Post a Comment