Monday, November 23, 2020

Day 17 Rt 66 to Vinita, OK

This replica sign replaces the one removed in the 1930s.


Miami, OK


Miami, OK
Miami, OK


Miami, OK


The famous Coleman Theater, Miami, OK.


Miami, OK
Miami, OK


I thought the barber shop at the famous 
Coleman Theater was cool, Miami, OK.


Great murals throughout Miami, OK.


As a former radio DJ, I liked this shot.
The 1904 Hadley Building. Miami, OK.


Miami, OK


Miami, OK


Miami, OK


Miami, OK


Since my Mother wanted to call me "Woody" 
(my middle name is Forrest) I felt 
compelled to include this photo.  Miami, OK.


The "Ribbon Road - Sidewalk Highway," so named since 
this original 1922 paved road was only 9' wide.
The original pavement, Narcissa, OK, is visible here, 
asphalt between concrete curbs curving right, pas the marker.



Another section of the Miami to Afton, OK
"Sidewalk Highway"


The Rt 66 sign on the "Sidewalk Highway"


The RV mirrors are wider than the 9'
"Ribbon Road!"


Afton, OK


Afton, OK


Vinita, OK


Vinita, OK
Vinita, OK


Clanton's, Vinita, OK


Hi-Way Cafe, Vinita, OK



Hi-Way Cafe, Vinita, OK


Vinita, OK City Hall


My only "live" rodeo experience was in Jackson Hole, WY 
and this place seemed larger, Vinita, OK.


The real deal in his vest, yellow scarf and black hat.
I met another fellow, Bobby Floyd.  Bobby is a retired 
OK State Trooper who was involved in the manhunt
for the OKC bomber.  A relative of Bobby's was 
Pretty Boy Floyd, obviously from across the tracks.


Face Book Post



No comments:

Post a Comment