Sunday, November 8, 2020

Day 2 to Wilmington, IL

I drove 126 miles today and covered 61 miles of Rt 66!
Day 2 following Historic Route 66 carried me from Stickney, IL to Wilmington, IL.  If my mileage in the first two days accurately predicts my progress, it'll take me until January 25, 2021 to drive 7,266 miles to reach the 2,448 miles of Route 66!  I'm hoping my efficiency improves.   🙂  I am NOT in "Delivery" mode, I'm stopping often to see the sights and today included doubling back to drive an older, then a newer section of the Historic Rt 66.

When the dogs are That Size, they Are a Meal!

The "Chicken Basket" in Willowbrook, IL is
a Must Stop, but they didn't open until later. 😞

Interesting wood carving behind Dell Rhea's



The Blues Brothers performing on top of the ice cream palace.
Orange Whip, anyone?

Across from the Rt 66 Park, Joliet, IL

At Dick's, Joliet, IL






Along the trail honoring the old Joliet Iron Works


The old Joliet Prison featured in the movie, Blues Brothers.
Click for Panorama

Great murals, downtown Joliet

Rialto Theater, Joliet, IL
Marx Brothers silhouette



Intersection of the Lincoln Highway (US 30) & Rt 66, Joliet








Wilmington, IL
Click for "Muffler Men on Rt 66"

Rural Illinois "Big Rig"

Wilmington, IL

Elwood, IL

Face Book Post


No comments:

Post a Comment